Last week I attended Nettie Cronish’s Introduction to Vegetarian Cooking class at The Big Carrot. There were around 8 students in the class and we made some delicious and healthy meals. I prepared Nettie Cronish’s Neatballs, which turned out very well. Here’s the recipe:
1 lb. extra firm tofu, crumbled
2 tbsp. Eden Tamari Sauce
1 tsp. mirin
3 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup whole grain bread crumbs
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh sage
1 tsp. each dried oregano and basil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp flax seeds, ground
6 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. olive oil
1. In a bowl, mix together tofu, tamari sauce, mirin and garlic; let stand for 5 minutes
2. Stir in breadcrumbs, cheese, sage, organo, basil and eggs.
3. Add water to ground flax. Wait 2 minutes. Add to mixture.
4. Shape heaping tablespoons into tightly packed balls.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over a medium-high heat; brown balls on all sides, about ten minutes.